This is the Website of the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), Cabinet Office for the Government of Japan.
- This Website carries content that is within the jurisdiction of ESRI. If you cannot find the content that you are looking for, please make sure that they are within the jurisdiction of ESRI.
If you cannot find content that is within the jurisdiction of the formerly Economic Planning Agency, please check the "Economic and Fiscal Policy" pages of the Cabinet Office's Website or "Quality-of-Life Policy(Consumer Affairs Agency)"(open a new window).
- Please make note of the following matters when using Cabinet Office Websites, including those of the ESRI.
- Information and URLs on the Cabinet Office Websites may be altered or deleted without prior notice.
- We strive to provide accurate information on the Cabinet Office Websites. However, we makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information that is available through this web site.
- Due to the technical constraints of electronic media, the typeface used on the homepage, etc. may be different from that used in printed publications.
- The Cabinet Office may temporarily suspend operation of the Website in case of problems with the system or for system maintenance.
- The Cabinet Office in principle owns the copyright to all information provided on its Website. When you use the information, please observe the Copyright Act.
Any alteration of the information provided on Cabinet Office Homepages without permission is prohibited.
- We welcome your comments. Please contact us by clicking on any of the links listed on the "Feedback" page. However, please understand that we may not be able to respond to your inquiries about and comments on materials and statistics that are not carried on our Websites.
About this Homepage
- The content on this site was prepared so that it could be best viewed on the most popular browser at the time of the content's first launch. Therefore, older content may not appear to be in the best condition when viewed on newer browsers.
Most of the content is designed to fit a screen size of 970 pixels. However, some content exceeds 970 pixels due to the need to present them in table format.
- The main points of each content are presented in common file formats such as HTML and GIF. However, some are presented in the formats of PDF, CSV, or Excel so that users may conveniently download them. When using such content, please install the appropriate application beforehand. If you try to download a PDF file, etc. while the file is on the screen, the downloading may be suspended and displayed abnormally. We recommend that you download the file when it is not displayed on the screen and then open the file with a viewer offline.
- To download a file, right click (hold down the left button of the mouse, depending on the model of the PC) or click the mouse button on the link to the file in question while holding down the shift key on your keyboard, then click "Save" or "Save as" on the pop-up menu.
- For the convenience of the users, we have provided links to the "Site Map" and "Past Entries" as well as to "What's New" on the top page and "Navigation bar" at the top of the main pages of the Website.